Your signature card, after being transcribed to "THE CARD," (approximately 4'x8' closed and 8'x8' when opened) will be gathered in Springfield, Missouri. In Springfield, your signature card will be secured with those from other grateful Americans in Vietnam-era duffel bags. (sea bags for the Navy and Marines). The bags will be then secured in digitally-wrapped semi-trailers.
On, or about, 15 May the trailers will be picked up by digitally-wrapped semi-tractors to begin the 1700 mile escorted trip to "The Wall". The escort will be provided by you, if you so desire, as well as:
- • Larry Gatlin (The Gatlin Brothers) - Escort Grand Marshall
- • A motor cycle contingency of Missouri State Highway Patrol
- • Rolling Thunder Inc Chapter 1 Mo.
- • Other motor cycle clubs that desire to show the ultimate respect to our Vietnam veterans
- • Those grateful Americans that desire to be a part of this historic event for our Vietnam veterans in automobiles or on bikes
- • Documentary crew filming for the production of an 11 week series TV documentary
- • Significant possibility of a Huey escort for a part of the journey, if not the entire trip